A walk around Notting Hill










Well hello there, long time no… blogging! I'm back from London though and I've got a few photos to show you. My sister visited the city for the very first this weekend and I had a lot of fun showing her around some of my favourite areas. 

We kicked off the weekend right with hot chocolates & pastries from the amazing Ottolenghi on Ledbury Road before heading on a lovely walk in candy-coloured Notting Hill. This included the obligatory stroll of the Portobello market of course.

I love this area so much because it has such a nice relaxed atmosphere. It very much feels like a village. It has lots of pretty houses to look at, brilliant little boutiques and an enormous amount of cool places to go to for food and drinks. 

We had a lot to cover over the weekend so we only stayed for a few hours but I think it's fair to say it was a "hit" with my sister. One more NH addict!

So, what have you guys been up to this weekend? What did I miss?



19 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, looks fun. I love that area. xo Heidi
    http://fabricandfrosting.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  2. such beautiful photos! I love Notting Hill I've made it a dream to go there one day!! it will happen. Such a vibrant and beautiful area :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love NH so much! can you believe i've never tried Ottolenghi?? I love all the cafes on Westbourne Grove. lovely photos x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely MUST go! Their pastries are fabulous. I've never had a proper sit-down breakfast there but I've only heard good reviews about it. You can't do that at their NH location though as it's really small (they've got one table for like 10 people at the back) and it's always packed. But they've got a few other places: http://www.ottolenghi.co.uk/locations/

      Let me know when you've tried :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh I love NH!
    http://www.theavantguardian.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your photos!!

    http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm trying to work on my photography skills so your positive feedback means a lot to me :-) x

      Delete
  6. The colors of the building are sooooo beautiful!! Love your photos!

    Canvas June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flora, all these colourful houses feel surreal sometimes - you know, like you're in an Alice in Wonderland kind of world! x

      Delete
  7. Love Notting Hill, it's such a great place! I like the colours of the building most!
    Mafalda ❤
    www.mafaldadotzero.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are gorgeous photos, i just love notting hill (you're so right about the atmosphere!).

    thanks for your comment on my blog, i'm following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a WONDERFUL post:) your blog is such a great inspiration source

    Check out my new post...a Divine Swedish chocolate recipy:)

    Have a fab weekend dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - Swedish decor, food, and fashion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Notting Hill is so pretty!! Thanks for your comment by the way.!

    Aishling x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Notting Hill is so pretty.! Thanks for your comment by the way.!

    Aishling x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very lovely shots!
    GIVEAWAY on my blog
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful photos and you are tooo! :)
    Mollie xoxo
    molliebylett.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Mollie, you're very kind :) xx

      Delete